Race Day is Saturday, April 1, 2017
Mark your calendar: Saturday April 1, 2017 is the 32nd running of the Dole Great Race of Agoura Hills. We hope you look forward to this day with a sense of pride, as runners from more than 35 states and 500 zip codes visit our community.
You have shown amazing support in the 32 years of the event. The runners greatly appreciate the enthusiasm you have shown as they pass through your neighborhoods – the cheering, the music, the pretzels and fruit, the colorful signs – all great kindness that make this event so wonderful.
We understand the race impacts your routine for a couple of hours on a Saturday morning, but we’d like to share with you the positive aspects of the race. Did you know that each year more than $1 million is pumped into the local economy as a result of the race? Did you know that the Great Race has donated more than $1.6 million to Agoura Hills and Oak Park schools?
We look forward to seeing you out at the race or out on the course at the 32nd annual Great Race of Agoura Hills!
- The Great Race Team
Special Event Notice for Residents North of the 101 Freeway (download pdf)
Special Event Notice for Residents South of the 101 Freeway (download pdf)
- Thousand Oaks Blvd. east of Kanan Road will be closed on race day at approximately 5:30 a.m.
- Carell Ave. at Thousand Oaks Blvd will close at 5:30 a.m.
- Idle Dr. will be completely closed at approximately 5:30 a.m.
- Expect delays on Kanan Road between the 101 traveling north up to Sunnycrest in Oak Park.
- The east lane of northbound Kanan Road will be closed at approximately 5:30 a.m. The west lane will be open to vehicle traffic.
- Argos St. from Thousand Oaks Blvd. to Conejo View Dr. will close at approximately 6 a.m.
- Driver Ave. from Argos St. to Easterly will close at approximately 6:45 a.m.
- The Chesebro Rd./Driver Ave./Canwood St. intersection will be closed from 6:50 a.m. - 10:30 a.m.
No Parking, Tow Away Zones!
Do not park on:
- Thousand Oaks Blvd. east of Kanan Rd. on the north or south side of the street
- The east side of Kanan Rd. from Thousand Oaks Blvd. to Sunnycrest Dr.
- Sunnycrest Dr. from Doubletree Rd. to Kanan Rd.
- Conifer St. from Kanan Rd. to Satinwood Ave.
- Carell Ave. from Thousand Oaks Blvd. to Hollow Brook.
- Streets near and surrounding Chumash Park: Argos St., Driver Ave., Valley Heights Dr., Parkheath Dr., Medea Valley Dr., Agoura Glen Dr., Rock Tree Dr.
- Calmfield Ave.
If you have questions regarding your neighborhood or route, please feel free to contact us and we will be happy to help guide you to the best route for you.