Explore Malibu Wine Country
Saturday, March 24, 2018
Run the Sports Academy Pacific Half Marathon
USATF certified and sanctioned #CA09011RS
Start time: 7:30 a.m.
GORGEOUS! This road race is unbelievably scenic, exploring Malibu Wine Country. You would never know you were in suburban L.A. Starting on an Old West movie set in Paramount Ranch, the route runs around the Santa Monica Mountains National Recreation Area passing two wineries through the historic areas of Cornell, Malibou Lake and Old Agoura. Completely refreshing, serene and breathtaking!
The Pacific Half Marathon (road half marathon) starts on a Movie Set at Western Town in Paramount Ranch, runs down Kanan Rd. toward the Pacific Ocean, passing multi-million dollar homes, winds through the historic Cornell area on Mulholland Highway, tours through the legendary Malibou Lake area and runs through the semi-rural Old Agoura area. This road race is unbelievably scenic. You would never know you were in suburban L.A. It's tranquil and breathtaking!
Course time limit is 3 hours, 15 minutes. That's about a 15 minute per mile pace. Start time is 7:30 a.m. No strollers. No dogs.
1. Start in Western Town at Paramount Ranch
2. Follow Paramount Ranch Dr. (exit road) out to Cornell Rd.
3. Left on Cornell Rd.
4. Mile 1
5. Mile 2/Aid Station #1 - Water
6. Left on Kanan Rd.
7. Mile 3
8. Mile 3.8/Aid Station #2 at top of hill - Water & electrolyte drink
9. Mile 4
10. Left on Sierra Creek Rd.
11. Mile 5
12. Left on Mulholland Hwy.
13. Mile 6
14. Mile 6.1/Aid Station #3 - Water & Energy Gel
15. Right on Lake Vista Dr.
16. Mile 7
17. Lake Vista Dr. turns into Cornell Rd. after you cross Mulholland Hwy.
18. Mile 8/Aid Station #4 - Water & electrolyte drink
19. Mile 9
20. Continue on Cornell Rd. then turn right on Cornell Rd.
21. Mile 10/Aid Station #5 - Water
22. Right on Agoura Rd.
23. Mile 11/Aid Station #6 - Water & electrolyte drink
24. Left on Chesebro Rd. (also known as Palo Comado Canyon Rd.)
25. Continue straight, turns into Driver Ave.
26. Mile 12
27. Right on Foothill Dr.
28. Left on Fountain Pl.
29. Continue straight on dirt trail (Thousand Oaks Blvd. extended) as you cross over Easterly Rd.
30. Straight on Thousand Oaks Blvd.
31. Left on Argos St.
32. Mile 13
33. Right into Chumash Park
Highest point = 1150 ft. Lowest point = 750 ft.
- Electrolyte drink: nuun tri-berry or nuun lemon+lime
- Honey Stinger Energy Gel: Organic Acai & Pomegranate, Organic Fruit Smoothie, Organic Chocolate, Gel Gold, Organic Strawberry Kiwi Caffeinated
Mile markers at every mile: 11-foot tall blue flags with white numbers. Cones along most of course (stay inside the cones!)
At Paramount Ranch (in parking lot)
At about Mile 2
At about Mile 4
At about Mile 8
At about Mile 10
On Thousand Oaks Blvd. at Argos St. (right before mile 13, but why stop here?)
At Chumash Park (at finish)
Christian Hesch, 1:10:52 (2011)
Vi Hau, 1:25:19 (2014)
Arrowhead Water Pacific Half Marathon Age Group Awards:
Awards to top 3 male and female finishers in 24 age groups.
- 18 & under
Finisher medals for all Pacific Half Marathon finishers.
- Technical running top (men's or women's cut)
- Stuffed drawstring goodie bag with actual goodies
- Finisher's Medal
- LA's #1 Post-Race Party with lots of quality free food and live music
- Live Results
- Free Photos
- Start on an Old West movie set at Paramount Ranch
- Gorgeous, scenic course passing Hollywood history and two wineries
- Pace teams - Run with a pacer to reach your desired goal
- Five on-course aid stations
- Free parking at the start
- Friends or family not ready for the half marathon distance? Options to run the 10K, 5K or Kids Mile
- Three-day Sports & Fitness Expo
- Running's #1 Announcer greets you at the finish line at beautiful Chumash Park