Top six 10Ks in the country!
Saturday, April 1, 2017
Start time: 7:28 a.m.
TOP RATED! The 10K runs adjacent to Cheeseboro Canyon at the Santa Monica Mountains National Recreation Area and meanders through the horse community of Old Agoura. Enjoy one of the most scenic road races in California! Runner's World names the Old Agoura 10K one of the top six 10Ks in the country!
The start is in front of 5777 Carell Avenue. Look for the giant blue arch. This is a residential street. It is early. Please be mindful of the kind neighbors.
Carell Avenue is the street at the eastern dead end of Thousand Oaks Blvd northeast of Agoura Stadium. At Thousand Oaks Blvd. and Carell Ave. is where you will find your last chance to hit the potties. There are no facilities at the start line.
The start is at the top of the hill. Allow plenty of time to walk up the hill. You don't want to be sprinting uphill to catch the start of the race. Allow plenty of time!
- Downhill start at 5777 Carell Ave.
- Head north on Carell Ave.
- Left on Hollow Brook Ave.
- Right on Calmfield Ave.
- Left on Eagleton St.
- Left on Kanan Rd.
- Mile 1
- Left on Thousand Oaks Blvd.
- Right on Argos St.
- Left on Driver Ave.
- Water station #1 in front of Agoura High School
- Mile 2
- Left on Chesebro Rd.
- Mile 3
- 5K mark
- Water station #2 near entrance to Cheeseboro Canyon Park
- Straight on Chesebro Rd., passing Fairview Pl.
- Mile 4
- U-turn on Chesebro Rd.
- Right on Fairview Pl.
- Water station #3 at Mile 5
- Right on Foothill Dr.
- Right on Fountain Pl.
- Continue straight on dirt trail (Thousand Oaks Blvd. extended)
- Straight on Thousand Oaks Blvd.
- Left on Argos St.
- Mile 6
- Right into Chumash Park
Water stations at approximately:
Mile 1.8: In front of Agoura High School.
Mile 3.5: At the entrance to Cheeseboro Canyon National Recreation Area.
Mile 5: At the Mile 5 marker on Fairview Pl.
After the finish line.
- Volunteer course marshals along the routes
- First aid: Agoura Hills CERT, McCormick Ambulance, LA Country Fire Dept
- Police stationed at key intersections
- Pace cars provided by Neftin Westlake
Charlie Serrano, 29:43 (2012)
Liz Camy-Blackwell, 36:14 (2012)
Old Agoura 10K Age Group Awards
Awards to top 3 male and female finishers in 34 age groups:
- 10 & under
Finisher medals for all Old Agoura 10K finishers.
- Technical running top (men's or women's cut)
- Stuffed drawstring goodie bag with actual goodies
- Finisher's Medal
- LA's #1 Post-Race Party with lots of quality free food and live music.
- Live Results
- Free Photos
- Gorgeous, scenic course
- Three on-course aid stations
- Free parking
- Three-day Sports & Fitness Expo
- Running's #1 Announcer greets you at the finish line at beautiful Chumash Park