Saturday, April 1, 2017
Start time: 9:00 a.m.
USATF certified and sanctioned USATF #CA07020RS
CLASSIC! The Great Race is proud to name its 5K after former Agoura High School standout Deena Kastor, who set the 5K WORLD RECORD at 14:54 in 2002. Deena grew up running in The Great Race. She won the bronze medal in the marathon at the 2004 Olympics and set U.S. records for the 5K, 8K, 10K, 15K, half marathon and marathon, and in 2015 tied the World Masters record in the 5K in 15:48.
The start is at the top of a hill. Allow plenty of time to walk up the hill. You don't want to be sprinting uphill to catch the start of the race. Allow plenty of time!
The start is in front of 5777 Carell Avenue. Look for the giant blue arch. This is a residential street. It is early. Please be mindful of the kind neighbors who allow us the privilege of a downhill start right in front of their homes.
Carell Avenue is the street at the eastern dead end of Thousand Oaks Blvd northeast of Agoura Stadium. At Thousand Oaks Blvd. and Carell Ave. is where you will find your last chance to hit the potties. There are no facilities at the start line.
- Downhill start at 5777 Carell Ave.
- Head north on Carell Ave.
- Left on Hollow Brook Ave.
- Right on Calmfield Ave.
- Right on Eagleton St.
- Left on Acadia Ave.
- Mile 1
- Right on Timberlane St.
- Left on Pinewood Ave.
- Water station
- Right on Conifer St.
- U-Turn on Conifer St.
- Left on Kanan Rd.
- Mile 2
- Left on Thousand Oaks Blvd.
- Right on Argos St.
- Mile 3
- Right into Chumash Park
Water stations at approximately:
Mile 1.3: At the intersection of Timberland St. and Pinewood Ave.
After the finish line.
- Mile markers at each mile
- Volunteer course marshals along the routes
- First aid: Agoura Hills CERT, McCormick Ambulance, LA Country Fire Dept
- Police stationed at key intersections
- Pace cars provided by Neftin Westlake
Deena Kastor 5K Age Group Awards
Awards to top 3 male and female finishers in 36 age groups:
- 8 & under
Finisher medals for all Deena Kastor 5K finishers.
- Technical running top (men's or women's cut)
- Stuffed drawstring goodie bag with actual goodies
- Finisher's Medal
- LA's #1 Post-Race Party with lots of quality free food and live music
- Live Results
- Free Photos
- Gorgeous, scenic course
- Aid station
- USATF certified and sanctioned
- Well marked route
- Free parking
- Three-day Sports & Fitness Expo
- Running's #1 Announcer greets you at the finish line at beautiful Chumash Park